Ada, Michigan has been near and dear to my heart for a very long time. I love Ada for it’s small town feel with some really great places to visit and do business with.
It amazes me that a small village can have so many fabulous places to go out to eat at, with the majority of businesses being local and family owned. Some of my favorite locally owned restaurants in Ada include:
- Suburba : featuring flavorful, unique meals, outstanding coffee, and desserts that are out of this world. I have literally avoided going there at times because I KNEW that I would not be able to resist the temptation to eat their desserts… and, they have my art for sale. Located at 7277 Thornapple River Drive SE, Ada MI.
- Nonna Cafe: featuring European cuisine in an intimate, homey atmosphere. My favorites include the quiche, which is the best I’ve ever had, and their latte’s, which are responsible for me staying up half the night way too often. Located at 591 Ada Drive SE, Ada MI
- Zeytin Turkish Restaurant: featuring a cozy, semi-casual atmosphere and Turkish cuisine. My favorite experience at Zeytin is to score one of their cozy booths with Turkish pillows and chow down on the grilled chicken kabobs. Located at 400 Ada Drive, SE, Ada MI.
- Schnitz Ada Grill: a deli by day and grill at night, this has been a long time favorite of many. I love to hang out on the outside upper deck in the summer and people watch. Located at 597 Ada Drive, Ada MI
- Vitale’s Ada: a great sports bar, with best Italian lunch buffet that I’ve ever had. Located at 400 Ada Drive, Ada MI
Downtown Ada is located just a few minutes away from Grand Rapids and well worth the short drive.