Never been to Michigan? Here’s why visitors love us:
1. Sugar sand beaches everywhere.
2. A huge freshwater coastline that feels like an ocean.
3. Communities that welcome tourists.
4. Breathtaking nature and beauty throughout the state.
5. Lots of camping and places for outdoor activities.
6. A love for the arts, with great art galleries and unique finds.
7. Unbelieveable clouds, almost every day.
8. Comfortable weather in the summer, not too hot or cold.
9. Sunsets you’ll never forget.
10. Something for everyone.
I got this list idea from a great website, Problogger, if you have a blog, you owe it to yourself to check it out.
Here’s a great place to visit. The Manistee North Pierhead Lighthouse is nestled in beautiful Douglas Park at the intersection of Cherry and First Streets. The park is county owned and has free admission. Visitors can enjoy the volleyball courts, boardwalks, picnic area with grills, sugar sand beaches, playgrounds and of course, beautiful sunsets.