2013 Dates for Krasl Art Fair: July 13 & 14, 2013
I went to the Krasl Art Fair on the Bluff in 2012 and Loved It! What a great place to have an art fair. It’s on a bluff, with Lake Michigan in the background. Nice, because aside from the beauty of the lake, there was a cool breeze wafting over the art fair making a day that would have been uncomfortably hot, pleasant. I took some photos of my favorite artists (but I actually thought they were all great.)
If you’re thinking of going in 2013, (and if you are an art lover, you should) here’s a few thoughts and tips to make your visit more fun…
– Leave your pets at home, they are not allowed at this show.
– If you bring the kiddos, be prepared to leave before you are ready to go, there’s a lot to see and they will probably wear out before you do.
– Bring your credit card, and expect to use it! There is a huge selection of top notch artists with something for everyone. The range of prices for work varies, and you won’t have to spend an arm and a leg to get something nice, but you can if you want to!
– Parking on site is difficult to find, but there are shuttles so you may want to check out the shuttle locations before leaving home. I did find a nice parking spot after driving around for about 15 minutes that was a pleasant 6 block walk to the show.
– There’s a food court with some pretty yummy offerings, everything from Polish sausages to Greek salads and frozen coffee.
I went by myself, and it took me about 4 hours to see everything, but I move kind of quick. And, a little more about the artists, it’s obvious that this show is very carefully curated, artists flock to this show from around the country with many of them regional artists from the Michigan, Ohio, Illinois and Indiana region. This is considered one of the best art shows in the nation. The art fair started 52 years ago and features over 200 artists representing 32 states and Canada.
Visitors to Krasl range greatly too, with many coming from the Chicago, Detroit and Grand Rapids areas. Here’s the official website where you can find more information: