No Rothbury in 2010, so that means I was on the water today like the rest of the Michigan population this year.
This is my favorite holiday. There’s no obligations to coordinate my holiday with everyone else, and I get to experience the glory of over the top fireworks blasting in the sky with a crowd of celebrating strangers.
Some of my favorite Michigan things to do on the 4th of July include:
– Going to the beach at Grand Haven and walking the boardwalk
– Going to Saugatuck and shopping (especially at the Timmel Collection) and then heading over to Oval Beach
– Heading up north to Pentwater and enjoying the quaint little seaside village
– The Traverse City Cherry Festival
– Visiting the Upper Peninsula and getting lost in nature
– Grand Rapids fireworks
– Jamming to music at the Rothbury Music Festival (I hope it comes back next year)
– But my very favorite is heading out on a boat with friends on Lake Michigan and totally relaxing.
What’s your favorite thing to do on the fourth of July in Michigan? Happy Fourth of July! Have a safe, and of course fun time!