Okay, it’s official. I’m tired of winter. I think I smelled spring in the air two days ago too. I took this photo last summer on White Lake, which, by the way is a great place to go boating. It’s a nice sized lake with a great boat launch and then if you want some REAL excitement, you can blast on over to Lake Michigan through the channel.
So here’s why I stay here in spite of a too long winter:
1. Perfect summer days like the one here.
2. No matter where you live in Michigan, you’re minutes away from an outdoor adventure. Even in the city.
3. Low cost of living so you can have a much nicer home here than most places, and get one on the water.
4. My family, which is close by.
5. Great friends.
6. Great job.
7. Great neighbors.
8. LOVE Grand Rapids, not too big, not too small, big city venues, small city convenience.
9. All the beautiful beaches.
10. Great seaside towns with art galleries galore.
So, how about some other Michigander feedback? What keeps you here?